Thursday, October 30, 2008

CB 5: That's a "gay" pick revisited

What up everyone, wanted to say thank you for the great response from my first blog entry. I really appreciate the ideas, and thoughts, and please keep them coming, I’m half way through the season, and I need plenty more ammo to fend off these punk veterans. This week is obviously a big one. My first real Monday Night Football game, against the Pittsburg Steelers and to be honest, I think I’m more excited for this game than any other game this year. With a week off after Monday’s game, I have a feeling our team is going to come out ballin’, and we need to cause Pittsburg ain’t no joke. Plus, I need a vacation. I haven’t had one since I took 5 days off after the Sugar Bowl before getting ready for the draft. Then it was the Senior Bowl, combine, pro day, surgery, and then all summer practicing and rehab. So...I think you get the point.

But in light of this week’s game, I’ve been put in an interesting position regarding my fantasy football team. I have Phillip Rivers at QB but, since he has a bye and my backup, Ben Roethlisberger, plays against my defense, the Redskins, I don’t know what to do. Umm...sorry Big Ben, I got mad respect, but I go against this defense everyday, and I haven’t seen a QB this year have a good day against them. So I think I will have to go with a free agent, Kyle Orton. Ball out for me man.

Well that was easy, but I haven’t even come close to the point of this post. See, Chris Cooley’s Fantasy Football Video was a bit hit. While you people loved it, I began to experience some negative backlash after the video was posted. Maybe its cause people have a tendency to be naive, or sometimes we see things at face value instead of seeing the overall picture. For instance how many of you have come up to me and said, “You’re not very good at fantasy football are you?” Why, cause the power of editing, and a premature comment gave everyone the wrong impression?

As I remember it, I said, “I’ll take Lendale White,” and Chris replied, “That’s a gay pick.” But what you don't see was when that actually happened...in the 6th round, not the 1st. So while you all were probably watching, laughing, and saying, “Yea, what a gay pick Colt. You’re so funny Chris. We love you.” Please!!! The power of editing a video can be very misleading and my first pick in the draft was actually Randy Moss. Plus, Lendale has the 3rd most fantasy points by a RB, so maybe it would have been smart to grab him in round 1. Now let me ask you this, is my pick gay now Chris?

Look folks I’ve been playing tackle football since 4th grade, never missed a year. I love this game, I really do, but a great lesson needs to be learned from our fantasy football video. When it comes to the media, don’t always believe what you see. I’m not even sure if I’m even doing well in Chris’s league, but I do know this, Lendale White is carrying me regardless. So I’ll end this post with the infamous words of Good Will Hunting… Chris, do you like apples? Lendale White is better than all three backs on your team… how do you like them apples?????

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment