Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FWG: This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse

Well. I thought this week’s sign of the apocalypse was me on a snowboard for the first time in 5 years. However, in an awesome change of events some new (and less embarrassing) material presented itself. This week Obama’s stance on the failing economy got less press than his stance on (and plans for changing) the current BCS system.

Rest easy Mom’s and Dad’s. of America Who cares about that failing 401k? Corporate corruption? Irresponsible lending practices? Nonsense! Can’t make the mortgage payment? No worries!--a play off system is on its way. You already know my feelings on this whole play-off nonsense. And I understand sports as a form of escape, but how ass backwards are we when Utah’s attorney general is filing anti trust papers against the BCS instead of, oh I don’t know, prosecuting criminals?

The nation already feels bad for you Utah. So relax. And as far as Obama supporting the playoff system? I want to hear how he plans to keep gas low and John and Jane Doe from being put out on the street by Citizens Bank before I hear how he wants to take bowl games away. You know what else? I’ve seen him play pick up basketball. Rules on football should not be made by those who couldn’t last 5 minutes on the field.
You can file this under the same real issue-distracting-bullshit as congress interfering in Major League Baseball and their so called "concern" with performance enhancing drugs. That is all.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment