Monday, September 1, 2008

Team Captains

This season the Washington Redskins had an official, secret ballet vote for team captains. I was hoping we would use the "close your eyes and raise your hand method," but Zorn just passed around some papers with blank lines. Yoder said that we should have made Cooley campaign pins, but it got procrastinated too long to be ready for our "high school" election. I guess there is always next year.

We now have 2 captains from the offense, defense, and special teams. I'm sure that most Skins' fans could have made their team captain assumptions and came very closely to the actual selection but here they are. On offense Jason Campbell and Chris Samuels. Defensively London Fletcher and Cornelius Griffin (I thought both were obvious choices). And finally, not trying to leave out our special guys, Rock Cartwright and Khary Campbell made the cut.


Something discussed amongst the team during stretch today: The population of white players on the Redskins is exactly 25 percent and no white captains were selected (no big deal, just something we observed).

Also notable: Reed Doughty is the only white player on the defense.

Lastly: Not that I feel like I have to justify my previous notables, but I will. I love the black man! I love black people! I'm every body's motherf*****!

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment