Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Art Show CANCELED

I'm sorry to have to say that we will not be able to continue with the art show. I was thrilled with the idea of donating all my pieces of art to charity, as well as having a fun night for all who wanted to join me. Unfortunatly, there was not much interest in the event. With less than two weeks to go, our guest list has barely surpassed 20 people. Without two or three hundred people attending I will not be able to cover the cost of everything as well as generate any money to donate. Again, I'm sorry I didn't do a better job of getting the word out and selling tickets, but I tried and it just isn't going to happen right now.

I would really like to thank all the different media sources supporting me for the event. Everyone I've worked with has been extremely helpful and I really appreciate it. Special thanks to the Ritz in Tysons Corner for putting up with all my shannagans, you guys have been great to work with and it means a ton. I would also like to say thanks again to Jordana and BJ with the Redskins for working so well with me. You guys are amazing!

Finally, I would love to have this event be a success in the future. I'm not sure if it was bad timing or what, so I will try again for this event some time next year. :(

Facebook Comments

16 comments:

Damn, this is too bad. I'm sorry to see you cancel this--I know how much you were looking forward to it.

Try another one but let other artists join in. Plenty of art students would be down to donate pieces for charity. They'd just be happy to have their work in a show. Maybe the tickets were too expensive... but don't give up on it!!!!

Tough times.
But as we already know, when one door shuts, another will open. Pure intentions find a way of finding eventual fulfillment.
Heal and Hail, Chris!

You'll always have our support Chris. Can you combine the auction with any of the auctions at FedEx during the game?? LizKauai said it best- when one door shuts - another will surely open. Get well! HTTRS!

You should offer discounted autographed Redskins merchandise to go along with your art work. I think you would get a much larger turnout that way as it will be a sort of fan event rather than just an art show.

Why not do it online and let people bid on the stuff in an eBay style. The ultimate goal is to raise money for charity so this would open the door for people like myself who don't line in that area to purchase a piece of your work.

Is there any way to buy some artwork or pottery anyway?

Hmmm, 20 people? That's crazy! We as fans didn't get it done! I thought it sounded like a pretty cool function. Next go around I'll fly from Oregon to attend.

That bites man. It sucks to put effort into something and just watch it never materialize. On the brighter side, when this happens for you, at least you get random people giving you ups. Conversly, for average joe, it just goes down as another failure and that's the end of it! So there you go, lol. Have a good one!

for those of us who don't live in the area an online auction for charity would be great! there is a great platform for creating such auctions. you could just put up a few pieces and see how the online auction goes... charitybuzz.com is the site that comes to mind but doing a quick google search there are a bunch of online charity options that you could check into in order to ensure most of the money raised goes to the charity.

Sorry Chris, that really sucks. Can you put the work on the internet for sale? Personally, I would love to get some pieces but I live in Seattle, so going to the event was really difficult.

Can we still purchase your pieces through your ebay store?

Offer your regular posters here discounted autographed stuff and donate those proceeds to charity. I'm in!

Offer your regular blog posters such as myself
discounted AUTOGRAPHED stuff and donate the proceeds to charity. I'm in!

I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel the event, Chris, but look forward to hearing about it next year. I whole-heartedly agree with the above poster that suggested an online auction. I would love to own a piece of your artwork, but being in Los Angeles kinda of puts a crimp on travel to a DC event, whereas online would be perfect. Might you also consider collaborating with other NFL players who are also artists? I know that Will Beatty, a rookie for the Giants (sorry to bring them up!) has an amaing talent with charcoals. I'm sure there are others would be open to joining in on such a charity event. So, just how much would you take for that wonderful landscape you featured here on your blog? :)

Chris,
We’ve been following the art show and are so excited to attend! We have a wonderful private dining room that would accommodate your art show. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities, as we would love to work with you on this.

Janie Mathieson (INOX Restaurant - Director of Marketing and Private Events)
(703)790-7285
www.inoxrestaurant.com

Post a Comment