Monday, November 24, 2008

Seattle

There is no better way to celebrate a win than getting grabbed and punched in the balls by a bunch of offensive lineman on the bus. Lesson learned though, if you go back and try to mess with one of them then the rest are gonna gang up on ya. To their defense, I guess I kind of had it coming. Last Thursday in practice we were working on our run game and one of our guys fell down as the play ended. I had just finished off my block and turned back to see him wallowing around on his hands and knees trying to get back to his feet. I don't really know why, but I thought it would be funny as hell to air hump him in while he was down, maybe catch it on the end of the film clip to have something to laugh about in meetings later that afternoon. I was even nice enough to make sure he wasn't really hurt before I moved in behind him. As I finished off and made my way back to the huddle I heard about half the team erupt in laughter, really I didn't expect any reaction, but apparently it was noticed by everyone.

So, back to the bus, when the game ends I usually load up on bus #2 and move towards the back with the offensive line, Yoder, and the kickers. Kind of our little after the game club. After games we usually have to sit on the bus and wait for a half hour or so before all the interviews are done and the gear gets loaded up to take to the airport and then it's usually another half an hour before we get to the plane. So we get some quality time to spend together, especially after a win. After Sunday nights game I was getting all kinds of hell about what was going to happen to me when I fell asleep on the plane due to the whole air humping thing.  You know, asses on your face, dicks drawn on you forehead, or the very popular picture of you sleeping with someone's balls touching you then getting the photo texted to your phone in the morning prank. So I went back to entertain a little pre-plane wrestling match and take care of business. Before I knew it I was held down on the floor being manhandled and punched in the crotch, oh yea, I got air humped in retaliation while I was down too. Yea, we are a bunch of 14 year olds, at least until we get back home to our families and then we mature to at least 17.

After all the shenanigans we had a good laugh and then I proceeded to remain awake the entire flight home. It's hilarious to think about how someone may explain the antics on the bus to a human resources director at a normal workplace. Can you imagine a some dude at an accounting firm complaining about all his fellow workers pinning him down in a cubicle and punching his nuts? That's assault brother! And we just laugh about it like a bunch of idiots.

Well enough of the bullshit. I think everyone knew that this week's game was a must win to keep any kind of pace with the rest of the NFC. Let's not even talk about winning our division, I mean, it will probably take 11 wins just to get into a wild card spot. Right now everyone is winning games and we couldn't afford to drop another one. Seattle was a tough team and a crazy ass place to play, I think that's all I have to say. It was a huge win!

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment