Monday, October 6, 2008

No Flying for the Eagles

We said the Eagles were going to be a physical football team. All week in our meeting rooms we discussed how the game was going to be a fist fight or, whatever that means in football terms. The Eagles came out swinging, but we weathered the storm. There was no way this Redskin team was going to back down from a 14 to zip lead. There was no way we were going to give into that team. We chipped away all game and after looking back on game film, we became the dominate team in the second half.

I finally put a touchdown on the stat sheet. I knew I was going to have a great opportunity to help the offense this week and really I felt it was a compliment to Santana Moss. Although he was catch-less, he opened up all kinds holes for the rest of us. I also have to say a big thanks to our offensive line, as well as our running backs. Rushing the ball for over 200 yards defiantly doesn't hurt the play action for a tight end.

The last two weeks have been so much fun to be a part of this team and yesterday It sounded so good listening to all the Philly fans booing their beloved Eagles in their own stadium. Nothing could have been better watching those fans sulk on their way home after they egged our buses driving in, screamed "sucks" after every player on our starting offense was introduced, and then proceeded to talk shit to us all day. I rejoiced driving away watching sorry stragglers flip off our bus with tears in their eyes. Just another win in Philly for the Skins.

So now 4-1! I don't think I've been 4-1 since I played for the Cubs in little league baseball and I have to say that it feels pretty damn good. At least good enough to get back to work and I know the rest of the guys around me feel the exact same way. This is an exciting time to be a part of this team, as well as a great time to be a fan. Three cheers to the Redsking! Hip Hip Horray!

UPDATE:

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment